First of all maybe you are just stepping into your home and you hear the last ring but no one leaves a message, so you become curious and want to find out who it was who called and did not leave a message. One of the ways, other than having a Caller ID, is to call a Free Cell Phone Directory and find out by giving the number to the operator to see if it was a cell phone or just a regular phone that was used, and also what the number was, and who the number belonged to.
Tracing a number especially if it is a cell phone may be difficult since a cell phone is not listed and cannot be located by calling information. There are, however, some companies who will trace a cell number for a fee and there are others who can trace a cell number for free!
You can find out for free cell phone directory in the following manner:
- Search on the internet by typing the cell number in any search engine and that is one way you will be able to trace the cell phone number you are looking for free of charge. If the number you are looking for is on a business or networking site then the information will show whose number it is? People often forget that their unlisted directory number may still appear online.
- Another thing that can be done is to put the number with area code in quotes, or replace the area code with the name of the city or state of the phone’s area code.
- There are online cell phone directories that list many free cell phone numbers in them.
- There are free reverse look up charges which will let you trace cell phones free of charge.
- There are also websites for checking both old and new cell phone numbers and even numbers that cannot be found in phone directories. You can even do a background search on a person using their cell phone number.
The reverse cell phone search is a service that has just recently entered the market and it will help identify the owner of a cell phone. You can find old friends if you know where they are located by means of their cell phone number, and you can also get details on unwanted calls by means of a free cell phone directory.
There is moreover, something called “Search by Phone,” where you can get the listing you are looking for, for free. It is a free directory assistance company who offers both residential and business listings. The advertisers pay for this service which is free to the users of course. These companies use real-time data the same way the phone companies do.
Tracing an unlisted number is also easy to do. The tools to do so were available to law enforcement and investigators that worked for private firms, but today free cell phone directory is free and also known as Reverse Phone Directory by some people and is available to everyone.